In order to save the animals from the raging fire, a homeless guy raced inside a blazing house in Atlanta, Georgia, that was home to rescued animals.
A fire broke out Friday afternoon inside the offices of W-Underdogs, a group committed to rescuing abandoned animals. Only the animals were there at the time of the intense fire since personnel at the shelter were bringing in contributions and supplies.
Fortunately, a homeless guy from the next-door neighborhood rushed over and assisted in rescuing all the animals when the house caught fire, according to WSB-TV.
The city’s fire department responded quickly and was able to douse the flames before the building was completely destroyed, but the residence was left uninhabitable.
W-Underdogs founder Gracie Hamlin said firemen said the fire was started by an electrical problem and thanked everyone for their assistance.
On Facebook, Gracie stated:
“Tonight, we give thanks to the fire department, @fultonanimalservices MJ officers, the homeless guy who rushed into our blazing home and saved our animals, and our guardian angels. Our pets are secure.”
As if by divine intervention, volunteers were able to transport the animals to W-Underdogs’ new offices just as the organization was preparing to move in. Even if the new facilities weren’t quite ready for the migration, the location could still be modified to accommodate the animals.
“We were successful in transporting the animals to the new location securely for the night. Everyone enjoys their new temporary home, which is warm, safe, and pleasant.